The Art Of The Wet Shave
Let us bring your shaving experience back to basics. The powers that be have taken the simplistic art of shaving and trivialized it to the point we have become robots. When is the last time you went to the barbershop and had a real razor shave. I realize that that’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea - but we intend to bring back the art of the basic shave back inside the man’s domicile.
The basic shave includes: water, a razor, shaving brush, container or bowl, and a finishing wash consisting of aftershave or lotion
Our online merchant store will allow the discriminating shopper to browse and purchase, if they like, some old and some new innovating wet shaving brushes.
Common Elements of a Basic Old School Shave:
- Pre-wet the area with warm/hot water
- Your favorite razor - old or new, we know it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
- Grab your favorite shaving brush/bowl/dish/cup/soap combination.
- Lather up the soap in the dish to the consistency of whipped cream
- On your wet face, lather up the shaving area with the brush - careful not to miss any necessary spot.
After each shave we recommend that you thoroughly rinse your shaving brush in running warm water, shake it and then hang it to dry, The longevity of a quality badger hair shaving brush is directly related to the care and respect it is given.
A perfect gift for your father, husband, boyfriend or for any wet shavers looking for a fabulous combination
Quality Guarantee! Simple, speed, fashion shaving, exquisite your life on your face! Note: please note to soak the badger shaving brush several minutes before using as the bushy brush hair, so that it will lather more easily.
How to shave:
1. Wetting: clean your razor, hands and face (especially the part of beard) and use the hot wet towel on your face for a few minutes.
2. Shaving Foam: use shaving brush circling painting much foam of shaving soap/cream on your beard, the foam could soften the beard hair, and protect your skin.
3. Shaving: You should probably keep your shaving directions and technique you have been using for years. Or you may shave your beard according to the texture, then reverse direction, from sparse to dense part, so that the dense part would soften longer.
4. Obviously, if you have a way that works for you, don’t suddenly change up. Keep what works!
Taking care of you Whet Shaving Brush:
1. Wash the brush well with warm water after use. Not too hot,
2. Never keep the brush wet for long.
3. Do not use strong disinfectants or detergents - most of the time water is sufficient.
4. Shake all excess water out of the brush after rinsing.
5. Get a ‘Weekend’ brush to let your primary shaving brush ‘rest’ and dry out before the workweek begins.